Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Black Red Know Your Heart Necklace




Well, in the spirit of creativity, I just had to make one of these pretty necklaces for myself.  I am in love with how this came together.  I haven't worn this yet.  I'm waiting for a really special occasion or just a regular day when I want feel a little fancy.  Maybe I'll just put it on with a white t-shirt and a pair of jeans.


Part of my new collection, this one-of-a-kind textile necklace is fun, lively, expressive, imperfect, eclectic, unconventional, genuine and simple, yet brave. And you won't see another one exactly like it.


* Multi-coils, comprised of new cotton/cotton-blend fabric & vintage checkered fabric

* Colors: black, white, red, blue, green, orange, brown, yellow

* Top coil: Measures about 25" long from clasp to clasp
* Bottom coil:  Measures about 30" long from clasp to clasp

*hand-stitching, hand-beaded

* 3 round coils, 1 accented with a red resin rose, charms (including a heart-shaped Rabies vaccine charm and a "KNOW" charm), washers, a salvaged button, gears, a shell, silver-toned ring, handmade music note charm and a black hoop salvaged from a vintage dress

* closes with toggle clasp

* Proudly made here in the USA, never mass-produced

* Whenever possible, to add more charm and character, I use vintage fabrics, buttons & other accents & include recycled/re-purposed elements. 

* Due to the length of the necklace, it may be shipped folded or coiled/wrapped in bubble wrap. Thanks for understanding!

* To ensure this item will last, spot cleaning is recommended. Please do not shower, swim or bathe while wearing.  Due to handcrafting, no two items are ever alike.  Please expect variation in color, stitching and patterns.


* Fabric, vintage buttons and colors speak to me, excite me, and shout of creative possibilities.  Even the smallest bits and pieces of exquisite fabrics are cherished and nestled away, where they wait to become an integral part of just the right project.   
 Hours of love and attention to detail went into this wearable art.  This necklace is accented with stitching, beads and charms. Hand-stitching as well as machine-stitching were used to put this piece together.  
I loved making this necklace and I hope it speaks to you and your individuality. I hope you'll be proud to call it your own.  Perhaps this vibrant piece can become one of your favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment